Solar Geysers also referred to as solar water heaters, is the procedure of transforming complimentary energy from the sun to hot domestic water. This can likewise be fitted to a traditional geyser for when solar heating is unavailable.
6 ADVANTAGES OF HAVING A SOLAR GEYSER
- Delight in hot water in your house throughout the year. The system works even in winter season in cold environments when it is retrofitted to your electric geyser.
- Decreased electrical energy expense. Solar power from the sun is totally free, as soon as you’ve had actually the system installed you will see a massive reduction in costs for water heating.
- Lower carbon footprint. Solar water heating is green, renewable resource, this will reduce you homes carbon dioxide emissions. It has been revealed to decrease an average families emissions by about 3 lots annually.
- Eskom rebate. When you get an installation from an authorized installer you will take advantage of the Eskom refund scheme. This will lower the cost of having actually the system set up in your house.
- You will have warm water even throughout power blackouts or load shedding.
- Solar geysers offer defense from future electrical energy cost hikes.
HOW DO SOLAR GEYSERS WORK?
Solar geysers use photovoltaic panels, otherwise known as collectors, which are fitted to your roofing. The water is heated up in the collectors utilizing thermal solar energy from the sun which is then stored in a tank. This can be used in conjunction with a traditional electrical geyser to reach your wanted temperature level, particularly beneficial in colder environments throughout the winter season. There are 2 primary kinds of solar heating panels:
Otherwise referred to as vacuum tube collectors they make up of several glass tubes filled with a transfer fluid, this is normally a mixture of water and antifreeze. The heat is then transferred to the water through an exchanger called a manifold.
Flat plate collectors:
Developed in the 50’s, this is the most common kind of panel used in solar water heating. In locations where freezing or frost prevails, flexible polymers are utilized and the panel can freeze and unfreeze numerous times without damage.
A recognized installer will be able to recommend you on which system is better matched to your home and needs.
Your electric geyser is the greatest energy user in your home, it utilizes 40% of your month-to-month electrical energy spend on average. When changing to solar you will see huge savings. Not only will your electrical power expense drop significantly, but you likewise may qualify for an Eskom rebate. You might be stressed over the cost of changing over, but once you see the cost savings, you ‘d be ridiculous not to. To determine just how much you might potentially conserve, click on this link.
Upkeep for solar geysers is typically very low and an SABS authorized geyser will come with a 5-year warranty. As soon as installed most suppliers offer a handbook which covers some standard upkeep checks which must be performed from time to time to make sure the system is working correctly.
The most essential thing to check for are leaks, these can be quickly found. If your system is not offering warm water on a warm day we suggest you call the installer. Some installation companies will use an annual service check, take this into factor to consider when picking an installer.